15 October 2010

Easy Friday

Just a saunter around the park this morning. The weather was much more clement today as I had decided to wear running tights and a couple of layers just to ward off the cold. Typical.

I wore the Garmin but didn't look at it once and just concentrated on finding an easy pace and enjoying myself as I ran around the circuit this morning. I decided not to run for too long but to do the shortest route which I run nowadays: 10km. As I ran this morning I thought about how far I'd come in terms of running training to when I started where I would run 4 times a week and 7.5km most of the time. When I go training now, I never run under 10k and I run 6 times a week in preparation for the marathon. So how much faster do I run now ?

Well, when I moved up to 4 training sessions a week my record over 10k was 38:15. Since then I've been able to bring it down to 36:57 but at what price ? I hardly sleep any more, I run over 100km per week and I'm permanently shattered ... brilliant ! My marathon time has improved drastically reducing from 3:11 to 2:57 - to most people this has absolutely no significance whatsoever.

So why do we do it ? God knows.

10.1k all up in 45:58. Easy and enjoyable run.

No comments: