8 July 2009

Tuesday training

A small turnout at the club last night, with some notable absences such as Nick (where are you - still suffering from our run on Saturday ?). Bruno and Jean-Marc were there though, together with Nico and after the warm-up we decided to do a 30/30 session through the forest near Le Mesnil.

Jean-Marc and Nico were too fast for me over the short sprints and I lack the speed training at the moment. Bruno was tired from a 15km race at the weekend and after a couple of intervals, he dropped off and just jogged behind us.

After the first series of 10 intervals, I was already tiring and fed up of seeing both of them leave me over the 30 seconds. Nico lacks the endurance though and after the first intervals in the second series, he dropped off too, leaving me alone with Jean-Marc. I lost count of the intervals and just concentrated on pushing as hard as I could, chasing Jean-Marc down the forest tracks. It was a suprise when he announced that we had completed the second series and could rest now.

The Garmin showed a top speed of 18.5 km/h over the intervals and even with the rests, we were running each kilometre in 4:30 or thereabouts. This pleased me when I saw this at the end but I definitely found the going tough over the session.

More of these necessary over the Summer if I'm to achieve a PB in September at Conflans again.

11.7km all up in 1:06.

No comments: