8 July 2009

Monday midday

I missed my Sunday run. Many excuses: too tired, late night Saturday night, start of the Tour de France. Whatever the real excuse was, when the alarm rang for the usual Sunday run, I stepped out of bed, decided I was still too knackered and crept back in again. The weather was very hot and close onSunday and the urge to get out was present, but not compelling enough to make me put my running kit on.

Monday was another story. Racked with guilt, I took my kit to work and went along to the swimming pool at lunchtime to run to Grouchy Castle again. The weather was slighhtly overcast and the temperature far more reasonable than of late. When I looked at the thermometer after the run it was showing 24°C - so almost reasonable.

I had a good run by myself and took it easy running 3 1/2 loops around the castle grounds. Stupidly, I forgot my Garmin again and so I wasn't able to time my speed or the run but I imagine that I was running at around 4:40 pace.

Back to the swimming pool but due to problems with the boiler, the pool was only 25°C. This was perfect for me to cool down in and I managed 6 lengths before time caught up with me and I had to get out. Great session most enjoyable.

About 10.5km all up.

No comments: