10 July 2009

Back to the Castle

I was able to slip away from work again at lunchtime and went with F-X to the swimming pool for a run around the Grouchy Castle grounds. The plan was to go for a run together and see how F-X has been improving lately. However, the plan remained just that as he had to return to the office to deal with an emergency.

I went out 'on my tod' and repeated the run around the grounds that I did on Monday. At least I know for certain now that it's 10.25 km so not quite the 10.5 k that I predicted. I was running surprisingly well as I'd thought that I'd be a lot slower after yesterday's training run. The first kilometre was done in 4:21 which was a pleasant surprise and then as I attacked the hill in the castle grounds I slowed down to 4:42. From then on I picked up the pace and ran more consistently between 4:10 and 4:30 up the hill.

Nobody was around today as it looks as though everyone has finally left for the Summer. This is fine by me as I get the park to myself, and then the pool afterwards is empty too.

10.25 km all up in 44:57 so an average of 4:23. This is great considering the steepness of some of the hills to be managed. My morale has improved considerably after today.

No comments: