20 October 2008

Sunday run

Just the usual run around the standard Sunday route through the forest yesterday. I took it easy since the marathon is looming and Nick was running a 10km race in Velizy.

Set off quietly with Laurence and Louise, listening to them chat away as they ran. Since I wasn't involved in the conversation and they were jogging at too slow a pace for me to be comfortable, I left them and picked up the pace to the barrier. I jogged back to fin them again and then ran the second half of the course with them as they'd picked up speed too.

All up 13 km in 1:05 so an easy 12.2 km/h average. Just what the doctor ordered ! I met Paul at the end of the run who was out for a morning walk with his daughter and the dogs. He was running a half-marathon in the afternoon so was enjoying a bit of R&R before the race.

Nick managed 39:55 over the 10km course in Velizy with a sprint to finish under the 40 minute barrier. Paul ran a great race to finish his race in 1:29:58 just under his target of 1:30. Brilliant result.

No comments: