8 October 2008

Dawn raid

Well not so much of a raid really as a recovery jog around Maisons Laffitte in the dark.

Early morning start, as the alarm rang at 6:45 am for me to pull my running kit on. I hadn't really recovered from the track session last night and so the thought of going for an early morning run was not that appealing. I made it outside, slipped on the headtorch and set off at the best pace I could muster.

I went through my 2km marker in 8:43, so the pace was slow but slightly better than I thought. Normally, I begin to recover from this point and pick up speed. Today, there was no acceleration left in the legs and I just plodded on at the same pace. I left the park in 28:17 so almost exactly a minute slower than my recent training runs over the same course. This point is at 6.5 km so I was averaging 4:21 per km at this point.

I must have sped up from then on as I ran up to Blvd Pasteur in 36:01 and then put a little extra effort in through Le Mesnil to finish in 47:07 or 4:15 per km. This means that I ran the second half of the course at 4:11 pace which is reassuring as I need to run 42.2 km at this pace in 2 weeks time !!

2 comments:

Nick Wiechers said...

Hi James

Alex said he saw you are the telly talking to Bernard Delanoe, presumable at the motor show rather than the Paris Versailles.

James said...

Actually, he was asking what sort of training he needed to put in to beat 1 hour 10 in next year's race.
I'm sure that there are plenty of personal trainers that would love to go running with him !
I was actually trying to flog him our new electric cars for Paris in a couple of years time.