5 October 2008

Sunday run

Laurence got up at 6:50 am to go mountain bike in a competition here in Le Mesnil this morning. I watched the trees bending over with the wind and the sound of the rain lashing against the window panes and I wished her good luck as I snuggled back under the bedcovers., mightily relieved not to be taking part.

I got up 2 hours later and went for the usual Sunday run. It was slightly more hazardous than normal as the mountain bikes shared part of my route and I was almost mown down by a high speed bike racer more than once. Still tired after yesterday's run and going to bed late after the dinner party (with an excess of wine not helping either).

All up 12 km in just under 55 minutes at an average of 4:36 per km - very steady. No energy for anything more. Saw Laurence and Anne on the bikes on their way to another victory as the first women's team. Most impressed by their courage and determination - great result. Well done to them both.

1 comment:

Andy said...

I will use your blog for a little publicity for the cycling club. Congratulations to Laurence! Mens winners were road pros from Auber 93 and the women as well (Laurence & Anne the pros from Mesnil)! See http://acmlr.free.fr and also look at http://www.auber93.com at resultats route.