1 July 2008

Lost in France

Tried a new route out today in order to increase my mileage. It worked as I got lost and ran farther than I initially intended.

As I wrote last week, I want to increase my mid-week training runs to around 10 km. I planned a new route using gmap through Maisons Laffitte in the park, extending my usual run into the park on the way out. It was perfectly planned but unfortunately badly executed and I ended up running a little further than intended.

I set out at 7:00 am this morning and the weather was perfect for an early morning run. The sun was already up and there wasn't a cloud in sight. The temperature was still cool enough to run without feeling uncomfortable with the heat. After the training at the weekend, I didn't have much energy in my legs when I left the house, so it was no surprise when I went through the first 2km in 8:46. And, as usual, the initial pace sets the tone for the whole run so when I finished after 48:12 minutes of effort later, I had completed an 11.1 km course.

It felt good to run at this speed (13.8km/h) and I came back having really enjoyed myself. That's all that counts really.

1 comment:

Lorenza said...

Don't get lost for too long. You'll miss breakfast with me !!