19 July 2008

Monkeying around

Came back late afternoon with the boys from "accrobranche" in Le Lioran, basically cables strung between trees that you use to make a passage amongst the treetops. Safety is assured using 2 lines from the harness onto a safety wire. The passages are graded much like skiing with the colour indicating the difficulty. Good fun all round.

Since there was not too much time before dinner, I decided to do the St Simon circuit which is 9km and normally takes me around 40 minutes. I set off at a slowish pace as there is quite a lot of hill-climbing at the beginning (see the profile if you don't believe me) I reached the bridge at St Simon in 18:28 for 4km exactly. The route back is along the main road and I stretched out nicely coming back and finished the run in 38:30. Most pleased with the 5km coming home which I did in 20 minutes exactly or 15km/h. New P.B for this route.

No comments: