14 July 2008

Fête nationale

I ran a short route around St Simon this morning with the boys accompanying me on their bikes.

The road heads off East from Roger's house in Aurillac up the Jordanne valley and we followed this alongside the allotments before a steep rise up the valley side. I set off slowly still feeling the after-effects of yesterdays run up another hill and my legs were not so keen on this repetition this morning. The leg muscles only warmed up after St Simon about half-way around the course. I reached the bridge in St Simon in 20:00 having run just over 4km. Not impressive by any standards.

The road back was a lot faster and I sped up and stretched out along the main road. I extended the run to the roundabout at the end of Gué Bouliaga and finished the course in 43:33 for around 9.3km. A nice run to decompress after yesterday's efforts.

A swim in the afternoon to finish the day sportily. I swam 80 lengths doing 2km and felt better about my swimming prowess than my running.

No comments: