3 July 2008

Lost again

Not really lost, as I re-ran Tuesday's route to see if I could manage it a little quicker.

I set off at a faster pace than Tuesday from the start and felt good in my legs as I ran down to the Seine. I knew that I was running well and this was confirmed when I went through my 2 km mark in 8:19 so 27 seconds faster than 2 days earlier. It didn't feel as though this was too much effort and I maintained the pace all the way around. The course is virtually flat with only a little rise coming away from the hippodrome and up into the park at Maisons Laffitte which was negotiated without any difficulty.



My next split was at around 6.5 km in the park in front of the Castle (in photo above) in 27:26 and then 34:50 for around 8.1 km when I turned in Boulevard Pasteur for my last stretch home. Well, actually, it used to be my last stretch home but since I've now lengthened the course at this end too, I actually still have almost 3 kilometres to run until the house. As my brain still hasn't taken this on board yet (come on ... it's early at 7:00 am. You can't expect to be alert at this time), and my legs extended their stride. I ran these last 3 km at a faster pace and finished the course in 46:24. This works out at an average of 4:11 per km or 14.3 km/h - new course record.

1 comment:

Lorenza said...

I got lost in the park too not long ago, but I like running there because it is beautiful, and it makes a pleasant change from the forest.
Congratulations on your new record, I just wish you could give me some of those records because I badly need to improve and I just can't run faster! But I keep running, maybe, one day....