30 June 2008

Sunbathing

Fantastic day here in the Paris area, so when I went down to the swimming pool at lunchtime for my swim, I wasn't surprised to see that the roof had been retracted and that the pool was bathed in sunshine.

I did my usual 60 lengths of crawl in just over 30 minutes. I must remember to take a watch in future to time this session properly and to see whether I am actually improving or not. It feels easier swimming now compared to a year ago, but I'm not convinced there's been any progress in terms of speed in the water.

The pool was lovely today. Not too hot, as it can be sometimes, and the sun was shining down brightly on the pool. It does wonders for the tan after half an hour's workout !

Just a quick word for François-Xavier who ran the 6 hour race in Briouze on Saturday. It was a 3.5 km course and he managed 18 laps (or 63 kms) before time was called. I think he's nutty personally - a marathon is bad enough without putting yourself through such pain for 6 hours. Anyway, congratulations are in order and I've found a couple of photos on the web that he doesn't mind sharing with others:



First photo is during the first hour of the race and the second is after 4 hours running already. I'll let you all do a compare and contrast between the two.

2 comments:

df said...

Photo n°2 is when I arrive at the office, Photo N°1, when I quit...
Please consider it as my 'english humour touch', actually James is my...boss.

Running 6 hours is a great experience for the mind, but painful one for the legs.

James said...

I think that you look worse than that when you arrive at the office actually ...