18 June 2008

In the beginning

That's it. I've taken a decision.

I've decided to create a blog to record my running exploits (which is extremely pretentious for the performances that I'm currently managing) in order to receive comments from other runners as to recommendations for race preparation, sharing race experiences and, more likely than not, discussing running injuries and how to avoid them.
I'm currently running 4 times a week: 2 short mid-week sessions of 7.6 km; a long Saturday session where I alternate between interval training down on the track and a steady run of around 20 km; and the Sunday session with the Le Mesnil le Roi crowd of 10.5km.
My main preoccupations at the moment are 10km races in the Paris region, where I have managed to reduce my personal best to 38:05 from 39:39 in January. Having said this, I'm also interested in a half-marathon or a marathon towards the end of the year following my initiation in the Paris marathon in April (3:10:43 if anyone's interested).
That's all for now. I needed to start somewhere. More news tomorrow with my first blogged training session.

No comments: