16 August 2010

Recovery in the rain

Woke up this morning expecting to go cycling on the road bikes with Vincent. Trouble was that it was tipping it down and cycling was quite simply out of the question.

I managed to persuade Laurence to put on her trainers and go for a very easy run from Megevette to recover from yesterday's run and then the walk we did in the afternoon (easy hike with 800m of uphill !!). We parked at the Church at Megevette and then ran along the small road along the valley, crossing over at the end and then continuing on up a little track. Started off at 6:00 min/km pace and then when Laurence turned back after 3.5k, I carried on for another 500m before turning back myself.

I sped up a little on the way back, mostly to get back to the car more quickly and to get out of the rain. Ran the last 2 k in 4:25 then 4:18. Nice run just to feel good about running and to wind the legs down after the efforts of the previous day. 8km all up in 43 minutes.

Biathlon this afternoon with mountain biking then rifle shooting. Hope I'm as good with the rifle as I am with the bow ;) !!

No comments: