21 August 2010

Forest recovery

Came back from Onnion today on one of the hottest days of the year. It was 32°C when we arrived in Le Mesnil at about 4:00pm. Decided that I would go out for a recovery run in the forest to keep up the marathon training plan as best I could and try and save the week.

Ran out on the old Sunday route through the forest and who should I bump into by the arch into the forest ? Nico, just coming back from a recovery run of his own (actually secretly training - I'll have to check his blog to make sure that he records all of his sessions).

Anyway, I tried to keep it steady all of the way around, averaging about 4:50 per km. Luckily it must have been a good couple of degrees cooler in the forest at around 27 - 28°C so the temperature was bearable.

12km all up in 58 minutes. Very pleasant run and it was good to try and get rid of the tiredness in the legs. Other good news is that I weigh 75kg despite the horrendous quantity of food I ingurgitated last week ! Things are looking up !

No comments: