23 August 2010

Monday morning

Mondays are hard to cope with even in a normal week. The prospect of a new week at work after a week's holiday, added to the fact that the legs are still tired after a hard session yesterday, just make the thought of even the smallest run seem daunting.

Still, no excuses, if you want to succeed, you have to make the effort. An hour's endurance run was planned and so an hour's endurance run it was. My normal endurance run speed is about 4:30 per km. Today it was 4:50 and hard work all of the way round. My heart wasn't in it, my legs definitely weren't.

Still, autumn is setting in and it was dark when I left. I kept to the paths around Maisons Laffitte adapting the route slightly just to make it over 12km long. Finished, happily, in 59 minutes after 12.2km.

No comments: