5 August 2010

Easy jog

Still suffering from shin splints. Have got to that point where I wonder whether I'll ever be able to run pain-free again.

I ran around Maisons Laffitte on a shortened route that I used to do when I first started running 3 years ago. It felt peculiar to run this old route again but at a far slower pace. 9.7k all up in 45:25 so just trying to take it easy. Having the Garmin on is always a terrible temptation to gradually build up the pace to a speed that you believe is acceptable. Managed to control that this morning: the pain was a constant reminder that I shouldn't push it.

I spent most of the time concentrating on my running style and trying to get my left fall to run relaxed and fall flat rather than in a pronating fashion. This may be part of the shin splints problem in the first place which also increases the strain on my left ankle.

Lovely morning - perfect temperature at 14°C.

No comments: