24 October 2009

Wednesday morning

It's been a couple of days and I haven't been able to find the time to write up my blog as I've been so busy with work. I've tried to maintain my runs during the week but it's difficult with having to travel in early to work in order to avoid the rush hour.

As soon as I started running on Wednesday morning, I knew that I couldn't push it. I could feel the interval training in my legs from the night before. A short night's sleep is not sufficient to recover from these types of sessions. I wasn't bothered though and just ran around the usual circuit easily.

I didn't even bother looking at the watch when it beeped as I was just focusing on running smoothly at a rhythm where my heartrate wasn't strained. I took it easy until the last kilometre with the downhill stretch to finish when I let go slightly. Even then it was fairly restrained. I almost ran another 2 kilometres when I carried straight on, instead of turning left to head home. I was daydreaming even as I ran !

10.2km all up in 45:30 or 4:27 per km.

No comments: