17 October 2009

Cora, Cora, Cora

I managed to persuade Nick and Andy to go out this morning. Neither seemed particularly keen since we're racing tomorrow with a 4 man version of an ekiden. Still they agreed as long as they didn't have to run the whole loop.

I was happy to have the company and we ran together for 5.5km before they headed back left off the Cora track and towards home. I carried on along the normal loop, around Cora and ran steadily for the remainder of the circuit at about 4:20 pace. There are far fewer runners out now since the weather has become slightly colder. I find this hard to understand as the forest is really beautiful at the moment and the cooler temperatures make running really pleasant.

I stopped at the bakery on the way back and brought home croissants and pains aux chocolat for everybody. Washed down with a few cups of tea - what a fantastic start to the weekend.

15.3 k in 1:10 or 4:35 per km. This brings my total mileage to 66 km for the week which is a little shorter than I've been doing recently due to the lack of a fourth 10k run mid-week. Still, I'm running well and consistently at the moment so this shouldn't be a major problem.

Looking forward to the race tomorrow which should be fun. It'll be nice to watch the others run and to cheer them on and then take part in the final leg. To see the final result tomorrow, watch this space. Laurence is running a 10k race in Velizy tomorrow and is as worried about how she's going to get there in the car as running the race itself. More news tomorrow.

No comments: