24 October 2009

Cora and back

Best run of the week as I get to run with some friends and can chat and relax as I run.

Nick and Andy were both running this morning and we set off and soon got chatting about work and running. The weather has taken a turn for the worse recently. Although it's not as cold as it has been, the rain has finally arrived and a slight drizzle had set in this morning. It was also dark. Despite the fact that we were setting off at 8:00 am, the sky had still not brightened and it was hard to see where we were putting our feet, running through the forest at the start.

We picked up speed gradually until we were at 4:35 pace. This was just before we got to the pond at Cora, and then just after one third of the way around, Andy began to drop off the pace and was clearly struggling to keep up. We slowed down a little to run with him and to encourage him around the course. From then on, it was a struggle for him all the way. I thought he looked pale and the initial speed had worn him out. Hopefully, it's nothing serious and he'll be back into form quickly.

All of this talk about bugs and illnesses is getting me paranoid at the moment. I'm trying to avoid any sources of infection before the marathon as I don't want to interrupt my training now. I've been in such good form lately that I'm really looking forward to this one and my next attempt on the 3 hour barrier. It's definitely within my grasp this time.

Anyway, an easy run today and I'll attack a long run tomorrow out towards Feucherolles and St Nom la Breteche.

15.3km in 1:15:30 today or 4:56 per km. Only 64 km this week due to the lack of a long run last Sunday.

No comments: