31 October 2009

Cold

I didn't go running on Wednesday as I caught a cold and felt miserable. By Thursday, the itch to get out again was too great and since work is still taking up all my time, the only solution was to head out from home early in the morning.

I wore my new Brooks nightlife top this morning which is great. The reflective material is reassuring when you're running so early in the morning and car drivers can't be considered to be at their most alert. This is always a concern of mine, especially since some of the roads don't benefit from the brightest street lighting. It's a long sleeved top with handy little pockets scattered about all over. Unfortunately, I chose size L, which is slightly too large as it must be measured for Americans (no offense Andy !).

The morning was calm if a little misty. It felt good to be out and I was relaxed and over the worst of the cold. I could feel that a day's rest had done me good and I started off at a decent pace. I could tell I was running relatively fast despite my relaxed attitude and before long I was back in the park at Maisons Laffitte and bumping into Andy again. He looked to be running well and moving quickly in the opposite direction. We waved and shouted hello while carrying on in our respective directions.

I ran back home and finished the 13.3km in 57:38 which is one of my best times over this course. I arrived back home just as dawn was breaking and the mist was lifting. It was a lovely sight to finish the run.

1 comment:

Andy said...

Just because you don't have the American arms and chest to fit into an L is no reason to complain. Give it to me and I'll fill an L easy ;)