17 October 2009

Rise and shine

Another early run (6:00am) on Friday to put in as many kilometres as I could manage this week. I wanted to go on Thursday morning too, but I was banned by the missus. In retrospect, this was probably a good thing, as I am feeling the tiredness at the end of the week.

So how did this run change from the other two morning runs that I've done this week ? It was cold but dry and I set out with the intention of running at a natural pace rather than trying to do a fast session.

I'd put on a new Kalenji top over a running shirt and went out. The top was not as good as I thought it would be. It went farily rigid in the cold and so didn't function well as an insulator. This probably encouraged me to run a little faster in order to keep warm. I felt easy all of the way around. There was nobody around either: still too early in the morning for most people.

10.1k all up in 43:22 so only 30 seconds slower than the run on Wednesday when I ran fast specifically. Average speed of 4:15 per km.

No comments: