7 June 2009

Sunday - St Simon

Decided that despite having run the Pastourelle yesterday that I would take Nick out around my favourite route in Aurillac, the old road to St Simon and then back along the new road. A 9km circular route.

As soon as we got outside, I realised that the mental energy I had was great. Unhappily, the physical energy was no match. I had even thought about extending the normal course to add on some cross-country sections from St Simon. A kilometre along the road and all ideas about running any further than 9k were banished from my mind.

We set off steadily enough at around 5:15 per km and then slowed as we went up the hill. We pushed on a little once we got to the top and wrere running at around 4:30 pace. Laurence and Anne caught us up on the bikes at this point as they coasted down the hill. Over the bridge at St Simon and back along the new road. We picked the pace up again, accelerating to 4:13 then 4:09 per km.

All up in 42:33, well outside my P.B of 38:30, but then again I hadn't run a 31km race the day before !

No comments: