28 June 2009

Thursday club session

I managed to get out of work in time to get to the club training session on Thursday. As usual, I was the last to arrive and Jean-Claude threw me the keys to the changing room as I entered the clubhouse while the others were having the pre-session chat. When we will they give me a set of keys for my own ?

I set off for the training with Nick and chatted to him easily during the warm-up. There was an average turnout with Miguel leading the session, and Thierry, José and Jean-Marc all there. There was still a lot of speculation as to who would be the first from the club in the Paris St Germain race on Sunday, with the money equally divided between Thierry and Miguel.

For those of us who weren't racing, there was a little interval session of 4' then 8' at 10k speed. I managed the first interval easily enough, staying with Jean-Marc, Thierry and José. When they set off on the second interval, I was already lagging behind after a couple of minutes. The heat and the humidity was getting to me and I found it really hard to put the effort in to tag along. Nick was just behind me and then when he cut a corner around the duck pond, I spent the rest of the interval trying to chase him down. Hard work and first real effort since the infection.

Amost 10 k all up in 55:53. Intervals were run at 15km/h (4:05 per km).

No comments: