24 June 2009

Tuesday run

Following my recent illness, since I was feeling a whole lot better yesterday, I managed to make it out of work on time to make it to the club training session last night.

It was a lovely evening but the turnout was fairly small: Miguel, Jean-Marc, Adrien, Alex and the 2 Nicks were there. I ran around with Nick W and we just took it very steadily which suited me fine. After 30 minutes of easy jogging (6:50 pace per km !!) , there was some debate about whether we should pick the speed up and do some intervals. General consensus was "sod it" let's just take it easy - so we did.

Nick and I picked up the pace slightly on the way back to the clubhouse, even managing to get one kilometre in at 4:24 pace before easing off again. Relaxing run to get back into things after a few days off.

8.5 km all up in 55 minutes so no great strain.

2 comments:

Nick Wiechers said...

The blog is back. As reading it had become part of my daily routine to avoid doing any work, I was beginning to miss it.

James said...

Thanks Nick. Too much going on recently to keep it up to date. Then to top it all, I fall ill and am stopped from running by oversized testicles !!
Glad to know that there are some regular readers out there. Please leave more comments, suggestions, insults ...