14 March 2009

Saturday recovery

In the recent series of aches and pains, I started today with a sore left ankle (strapped up to protect it), small pain in the base of the back, blah blah. OK it's too boring to read so I'll skip the injuries. Suffice to say that I was looking forward to running with Andy and Nick and having a nice jog around Cora lake.


We set off at a moderate pace at around 4:44 per km and then over the next few kilometres through the forest, we picked up the speed a little to reach about4:40 pace. By the time we got to Cora, Andy was a little tired, having suffered from a bit of a cold this week, so we slowed down on the path home.

Weather was pleasant at around 12°C so it was ideal for running. The pain in my ankle disappeared, and I only felt a slight discomfort in my back and thigh. A new problem arose though with a small tightening in the left thigh. It's pathetic I tell you ! I'm beginning to believe that achange of running shoes will do some good.

15km all up in 1:17

No comments: