29 March 2009

Easy Sunday - 1 week to go

Paris marathon in exactly seven days and I'm beginning to get butterfiles thinking about it. I've never felt fitter, more confident in my ability to run this race in under 3 hours. I just have to wait until the day to test my resolve and to show myself what I'm capable of.

With this in mind, I went running with the old firends who I have tended to neglect lately due to the focus on "the race". Pierre-Henri, Ralf, Sophie and Philippe were all there for the usual Sunday run course and so I ran with them at a far more sedate speed than usual.

The forest was lovely again this morning as the sun had decided to appear again and the temperature was slightly milder than of late. It was very easy going and I ran with Pierre-Herni and Ralf for the first half until the barrier and then with Philippe and Sophie for the remainder.

10.8 km all up in 1:02. Felt good, very easy. Finished reading "Once a runner" this afternoon. Absolutely compelling stuff. So much to empathise with. Inspired me for next Sunday.

No comments: