3 March 2009

Disappointment

Went running this evening with the club but the injury is still not better.

The warm up was painful with pains still in the top of my right buttock. I didn't feel comfortable at any point during the run. The group was running 10x600m with Régis, Fabrice, Nick, Philippe all together. I tried to start with them but the pain was too much from the start and I pulled up to stop before the pain became unbearable.

I watched the others run afterwards and decided that despite having told Nick that I would run Rambouillet with him, the most sensible idea is not to run at all and to try and recover asap.

Nick was running well sticking to the group and finishing the session on a sprint. Laurence ran well too, running her VMA session of 6x 2m30 at 4:14 - 4:20 pace.

Upset with myself and the fact that the injury isn't better. Drank a couple of rums to get over the worst of it.

2 comments:

Nick Wiechers said...

I'm sure the rhum will do its job when combined with a few days off

James said...

Rum worked wonders - so much so that I think I'll be having a couple more tonight.
I've just found a link to the rum I'm drinking:

http://www.rhum-jm.com/cuvee-du-fondateur-jm-482°-70cl-p-25.html

Nice Christmas present from the dealer there. It should be advertised promoting its medicinal qualities. Too bad it's not reimbursed by the SECU.