13 March 2009

Falling apart

Not long to write this session up, so I'll be brief.

Went to work with strapping on my left ankle as it was playing up and a sharp lancing pain every now and then reminded me that I'm not a robot but made of flesh and blood. The pain in my back has subsided and is now more a slight discomfort than anything more worrying.

With these injuries on my mind, I put on my running kit and prepared for a VMA workout with the club. The warm-up went really well and the ankle was sound and the back / buttock no problem. We got to the track and Fabrice wanted to run 20 x 200m (not the 20 x 400m originally planned - thank God) and this sounded fine.

We set off as a group of 4: Fabrice, Fabrice's friend, Mireille and myself. Mireille pulled out after 3 reps with a calf pain and didn't want to push it any further. At the same time, I was beginning to suffer from another problem in my right knee: I would reach 100m of the rep and then feel the ligaments behind my knee clicking together. It was most unnerving and I ran 6 reps before I decided to call it a day. The clicking sensation in the knee disappeared at a jogging pace and so I just jogged around the track to put in a little mileage to end.

12.5 km for the session. 39 seconds for the 200 reps but legs beginning to fall apart. When will this all stop ? I'm longing to be injury free again and just suffer from a little stiffness in the muscles after a session. Fingers crossed.

No comments: