7 February 2009

Snowstorm

Had a lie-in this morning and the promise I made to myself to go for an easy run this morning almost flew out the window when I saw the weather outside. It started hailing first thing and I lay in bed for a while listening to the hail hit the Velux window in the bathroom. It was only through a sheer sense of duty and commitment to my marathon training schedule that I managed to force myself to get up and look at the conditions more closely.

This, of course, didn't improve the situation in the slightest. Laurence was determined to go for her run and we tried to convince Henry to come with us. Henry was having none of it and Laurence wasn't in the mood for a fight with him so we left him and set out just the two of us.

We set off very easily, heading off around the Chateau du Val route. The snow was falling ever faster, leaving a thick white blanket that covered our tracks within 5 minutes of our passing. It was wonderfully silent in the forest with the snow muffling all of the sounds and the cold discouraging all but the most insane from leaving the warmth of their houses.

A lovely easy run that makes you appreciate the sport. 7.2 km in 40:45 or a leisurely 5:44 per km. This'll make up for tomorrow's efforts.

No comments: