11 February 2009

Dawn run

Early start for this morning's run as I was out of the house at 6:30 am. I hadn't fully recovered from last night's efforts so I took the start of the run easy in order to regain a good feeling in my legs and to enjoy the workout.

The good feeling never really happened. I exagerate a little as by 7 km I was feeling fine and picked up the pace slightly from the 12 km/h I had set over the first kilometre.

I could feel all sorts of aches and pains in my legs as I ran this morning and it was a reminder not to overdo things. I just took it steadily and my mind drifted to other things.

13.3 km in 1:02:24 or 12.7 km/h for the total run. 4:42 per km so a good endurance run. I sped up at the end and did the last 2 kilometres in 4:30 and 4:19.

Not looking forward to the VO2 max session tomorrow.

No comments: