28 February 2009

Saturday stroll

Organised with Nick and Andy to go for an easy run through the woods this morning just to see how the pain was doing in my back/buttock/thigh. The plan was to avoid tdoing anything too strenuous but to try and cover 10 km to assess the situation.

Met Nick and Andy at 8:00am and the weather wasn't exactly ideal. It has been a little warmer lately, but this morning the thermometer was showing a measly 2°C when I headed out of the door. The mist was present too, so visibility was reduced to about 150m. As soon as I left the drive and started running, I could feel the pain returning to my right buttock. To be more precise, to describe it as a pain is slightly exagerated, more of a severe discomfort.

I met up with Nick and Andy and we chatted as we ran along. It was a great feeling to be out running again, but I didn't feel totally comfortable during the whole time we were out. Normally, at this pace, I can relax and feel very easy about the running but today I was conscious of every step and my posture during the strides. The initial pain eased slightly but never totally disappeared.

We ran out to the Cora pond and around this before heading back to Le Mesnil. A nice run and it was good to see Andy again after a while. I could see that he was tired by the end as he's been spending far too much time on the bike and not enough running ;o).

14.5 km all up in 1:14 so an average of just over 5:00 per km.

Went to see osteopath this afternoon and he cracked my back into place. Pelvis was badly aligned. Told me to go easy tomorrow and then to see how I fare on Tuesday. Semi next weekend is not off the cards as yet !!

However, in the mean time, I'll take Andy up on his suggestions for the full body massage. Now where has Lorenza disappeared to ?

No comments: