20 February 2009

Out again

I had a day off yesterday to rest following the pain I was experiencing in my buttock and groin area. But since, the marathon isn't going to wait for me, and there is a schedule to follow, I was back out again this morning to do the training.

The plan for today was 45 minutes easy, followed by 15 minutes threshold, and then another 40 minutes easy to end. To meet this plan, I decided to run around the st Simon course easily yo begin with and then do 5k on the track at 4:00 pace and then do another loop of the St Simon course.

I could feel the top of my leg and the small of my back to begin with as I was still cold. As I ran up the first hills, the pain subsided and I began to enjoy my run. Coming abck from St Simon, I was careful not to push the pace and to take it easy before hitting the track. I ran this section between 4:20 - 4:30 pace.

I wasn't looking forward to the track after my session earlier this week, running the 600m intervals. I set off to run 12.5 laps of the track and the pace was constant and not too exhausting. The intervals went:

3:57, 3:54, 3:55, 3:50, 3:50

I then carried on and re-ran the St Simon route at a comfortable pace. On the way back, I let myself go this time and accelerated the last section running the last 2km in 4:18 and 4:14 - marathon pace.

22.8 km all up in 1:45 or an average of 4:37 per km. Good run. Shame that I'm in agony now writing this up. Top of my leg has seized almost completely and every step is painful. Going to have a long soak and some Doliprane to recover.

No comments: