10 May 2011

Track session

I arrived too late at the club to set off with everyone but Miguel, suffering from an injured foot, stayed behind to let me use the changing rooms and I set off 4 minutes behind everyone for the warm-up.

By the time I reached the road junction, I was within 100 metres of the group but they'd split into 2: one group heading towards St Germain terrasse and the other into the forest. Since Miguel had told me that they were returning to the track to do a session there, I chased the terrasse group, only to catch up with Laurence, John and some women running to do some hill training. Wrong choice, so I ran back to the swimming pool and then back to the track.


I did a couple of laps before Thierry, Vincent and  Frédéric showed up for the track session, closely followed by Mireille and Momo. Mireille and Momo decided to do their training together, so the four of us set off on the session that Miguel had concocted: 5x200m, 2x500m, 3x1000m off 100m, 200m then 400m float.

With Thierry and Vincent we decided roughly on the target times for each interval : 40" for the 200m; 1'45" for the 500m then 3'45" for the 1000m. We started with Thierry and Vincent taking the lead and Frédéric and myself following in their footsteps. It was a brilliant session and I felt good all of the way round despite the heat and the humidity. The four of us were well matched and we stuck together all of the time. Frédéric was boosted by Miguel who was telling him not to drop us and to stick with it.

Reps went as follows:

200m - 38", 38", 38", 37", 36"
500m - 1'41", 1'42"
1000m - 3'32", 3'30", 3'27"

Very regular, except for the last rep when Vincent took off with 300metres to go and we all picked up the pace to follow. I felt easy and could have managed shorter floats and even slightly faster speeds.

Looking good for Sunday. Our vets team is confident and looking good on the track.

Need to make a T shirt with this on, just in case :


No sign of Nico at the track tonight. I think he's finding it hard to manage the pressure. 14km all up in 1:11 or an average of 5:02 per km.

No comments: