2 May 2011

Monday run

Just a recovery run this morning to try and run the tiredness out of my legs. Now there's a contradiction if ever there was. I'm supposed to run the tiredness out of my legs, as if that's going to work. It's like saying I'm going to walk myself to sleep or I'm going to sit and talk to myself to avoid boredom. Not that I do much of either of these last two, but I'm losing the point ...

Early morning, easy jog just as day was breaking. Weather has taken a turn for the worse and it was drizzling as I ran around this morning. I just took it easy all of the way around and must have fallen asleep after 4 kilometres because all of a sudden I woke up and I was at the 6 kilometre mark. Too tired to do anything harder.

Maisons Laffitte was hardly awake either and I only saw 2 runners over the course in the park in front of the castle. I think Sylvie was one of the runners but I was in too much of a hurry to get back to the house to hang around and find out.

10.3km all up in 49:00 or 4:47 per km. Just a standard recovery run.

No comments: