1 May 2011

Early start

Having missed Thursday's club session after getting stuck in the evening traffic around Paris, I reprogramme an early morning run for Friday morning around the usual route of Maisons Laffitte.

It all starts fairly well as after a couple of days rest, my legs feel as though there is a bit of energy in them and although I don't have any specific targets in mind, I'm happy to be running easily again. The first kilometre I get a little carried away to begin with and then realise that I won't be able to keep this speed up for the whole distance and so I ease slightly. The first 5 kilometres are run at a very constant pace at around 4:30 per km.

At the 5 kilometre mark, everything clicks into place and I relax and accelerate slightly running the next few kilometres at 4:20 pace. I then make the most of the early sunrise and the daylight by turning into the forest after crossing the railway line and leave the tarmac for the soft forest tracks. I manage to avoid running into any wild boar (despite being prepared mentally to sprint to the nearest tree) and the only wildlife encountered is a rabbit.

11km all up in 48:00 or an average of 4:21 per km. Great morning run.

No comments: