18 May 2011

Easy recovery

I managed to get up early despite last night's session to go for a recovery run first thing this morning. I'd initially planned the 10 km loop in my head, but seeing how tired I wsa when I woke up, I transformed this into my shortened 7.6km circuit.

I set off running with a lot of stiffness in the right knee and thigh. This has been a problem for the last 2-3 weeks now and although it doesn't hurt, it is uncomfortable and a nuisance when I begin to run. I took it easy from the start with no real objective but to loosen up after the intervals. I looked at the Garmin after the first kilometre - 4:58 !! This was fine: I was definitely taking it easy and my leg was loosening up with every step I was taking.

I turned up into the park after Maisons Laffitte castle and decided that I would take my alternative forest route home. This is slightly longer than the road route but a lot more pleasant and I was beginning to enjoy myself. Another look at the Garmin and I was at 4:30 pace now and getting into a nice rhythm. Nobody else was around and the only wildlife were a few rabbits I startled as I ran through the forest.

Since it was such a lovely morning and a really pleasant temperature, I made another modification to the route and ran down to the Le Mesnil town-hall, adding on another kilometre in the process. A good run in at 4:20 pace.

9.3 km all up in 43:38 or an average speed of 4:42 per km. Ready to tackle some more intervals tomorrow morning now.

No comments: