12 May 2011

...lemon squeezy

This is not a reference to a Led Zeppelin song, but to the manner in which I decided I was going to run my route this morning. Just taking it easy.

Another beautiful today when I woke up. It's only the month of May but the weather is similar to that of the Summer months. We haven't had any rain for almost 4 weeks now and this is beginning to cause problems in the region. No rain is forecast for the next few days either. Anyway, as an early morning runner, this was no problem and I set off down the road at a comfortable pace, enjoying the early morning sunshine.

My legs were aching this morning after the Tuesday session and I probably need to change my trainers again. My left ankle is sore, together with my right knee and my right thigh. The ankle and knee are worrying as it feels as though there is a cartilage problem in both cases. I'll buy some new trainers on Saturday and see if this helps.

I was running at just over 4:30 pace and it felt very comfortable (apart from the joints) and I'm looking forward to the ekiden on Sunday to see where I am for race pace. I ran my Summer variant on the early morning run by heading through the forest at the end, heading back to Le Mesnil.

48:30 all up for 10.7 km or an average pace of 4:32 per km.

1 comment:

Samurai Running said...

Nice weather here too James! Yes, it'll be interesting to see what you can do at the ekiden!