22 May 2011

Cora with Nico

I'd organised to do the usual Cora run with Nico on Saturday morning. It was promising to be another beautiful day and so we left at 8:00am to avoid the worst of the heat.

We set off easily as there were no record attempts for the course today. I was trying out my new Nike Lunarglide 2 trainers, recommended by the chiropodist to avoid achilles tendon injuries. The first feelings were not brilliant. The shoes felt flat, not dynamic and despite the cushioning, I could feel the honeycomb structure at the front of the foot. Not good for the first impressions. It was definitely not love at first sight.

Nico and I ran easily, accelerating gradually around the course starting at 5:42 (!), 5:04 before speeding up to 4:30 pace. We managed to peak at 4:18 around Cora before slowing slightly back up the hill towrads home. Nico looked easy despite complaining about pains in his calf and thigh. My aches and pains were more in the left knee and ankle. This didn't stop us running well and managing the last kilometre in 3:51.

15km all up in 1:07:45 or an average of 4:33 per km. Nice run.

No comments: