8 November 2009

Tuesday morning

Well Tuesday was not much better than Sunday. Despite my day of rest when I left the house early Tuesday morning to go for my run, I could feel the efforts from Sunday still in my legs. The intention wasn't to go fast this morning but just to run steadily and to complete the 13 km course.

It was a struggle all the way around and although I wasn't running flat out, I felt that I didn't have much in reserve. I stretched a little in the park, which is my favourite part of the course and I run down Avenue Albine towards Maisons Laffitte castle. I was running at marathon pace along here 4:14 - 4:19 per km. I crossed Andy's path as he entered the park and I was leaving. He was looking good, running smoothly and relaxed.

Having said all of the above, I actually managed to complete the course in 58:17 which is an average of 4:22 per km so it wasn't that slow. I just felt that I've been going quicker recently.

No comments: