8 November 2009

Thursday morning - more of the same

Run, work, eat, work, eat, sleep. This is my daily routine at the moment and the days seem to shoot by without much variation. Work takes up the largest part of the daily schedule and I look forward to the weekends to be able to relax and to catch up on the sleep deprivation that I generate during the week.

I set out for another early morning run at 6:00 am on Thursday around the 13km course through the park at Maisons Laffitte. Having run a slowish time on Tuesday, I decided that I need to push the pace this morning in order to get the heart beating a little faster. The biggest problem with not being able to attend the track sessions at the club is the lack of interval and speed training that I can manage. My motivation when I'm running by myself is not sufficient to push me to run intervals. As a result, I set out with the firm intention of pushing the pace from the start this morning.

I felt slightly better today than I had 2 days earlier. The enforced rest for the previous day (a work trip to Madrid) had done me some good and I managed the first kilometre in 4:17. I sped up slightly thereafter, basically because I could now see where I was running, and was extremely consistent for the rest of the course. I bumped into Andy again in the park so at least I know he's not slacking and is getting some regular training in !!

When I stopped the watch at the end, I was really pleased to see 56:15 for the 13.3km course. This is 45 seconds faster than I've ever run this and works out at an average speed of 4:12 per km. Very consistent running all of the way around.

No comments: