14 November 2009

Friday run

I can't say that I was highly motivated to go out running on Friday morning, but since I set the alarm for 6:00 am again, there lust have been something there. A little voice in my head was telling me to stay in bed and enjoy a little more sleep. In fact, that was Laurence.

It was warm again outside this morning at 13°C, and I was overdressed again. There was a little breeze behind me when I set off and this encouraged me to run relatively fast from the outset. I was barely awake, with my mouth still very dry from sleep, and I was looking forward to that moment when I begin to wake up and feel good in my legs and head. It never came.

It was very quiet out on the roads and through the park. Nobody seemed to be about. I ran very steadily all the way at around 4:20 - 4:25 pace. I hesitated as to whether to extend the run towards the end and carry on down past the town hall at Le Mesnil by I decided that time was tight and to cut back just after the church and head home.

10.2 km all up in 44:21 or 4:22 per km on average.

No comments: