8 November 2009

Doubling up

I took my running kit to work on Thursday just in case I was able to get out early and get to the club session in the evening. My boss was in meetings outside almost all day and then he called me, just after 4:00 pm to let me know that he was on his way back into the office and could we see each other to arrange a business presentation. Damn, I was in two minds as to accept when I thought that I needed to get out and run to clear my head so I told him that I was planning on leaving early and could we meet on Friday. No problem.

Great. I packed up at 5:30pm and left to commute back to St Germain. Having negotiated the ring-road in the rush hour and then the motorway, I spent the next 25 minutes stuck in traffic in St Germain and only made it to the club for 6:45pm when the others were setting out on their warm-up. I got changed quickly and ran the opposite way around the warm-up loop to meet them.

The session for the evening was intervals: 500, 600, 800, 1000, 1000, 400 off 200m rest for the first 2 then 300m then 400m for the 1000m's. There was a big turnout and it was a pleasure to run with Jean-Marc, Miguel, Adrien, Thierry, Bruno, Mireille and Fabrice at the front. Nick was there too but had decided not to push it for this evening's session after a hard session on Tuesday night.

We set off hard and the pace didn't ease up one iota over the session. The intervals were run as follows:

1:40, 2:03, 2:45, 3:30, 3:28, 1:16. So a speed of between 17.5km/h for the 1000m and 19 km/h for the 400m at the end. A really satisfying hard workout with some speed in the session and I was up towards the front, despite the great run that I'ds put in first thing that morning. Feeling good: no aches, no strains and leg muscles don't appear to be too tired.

I must try and get out for an evening session at least once a week.

No comments: