28 November 2009

Too late now

These are the thoughts that are going through my head at the moment: will I be able to keep the speed up; how much energy will the wind drain from me; will I be able to achieve the objective I've set for myself ?

All of this is too late to wonder about now as the effort's been made and I can't do anything about any of this. I've been tapering this week in preparation for the race. I've only been out twice: first run was on Tuesday morning. 10.2 km in 45 minutes easily running around the park in Maisons Laffitte around my usual route. I felt really good and since I didn't have to get up quite as early as normal to run before work, it was even more appreciable.

On Wednesday morning, I was back in Sweden and I decided to go for another easy run around Stockholm. I made the most of the weather that was more clement than the last visit and I set out with the intention of running to the lake that the town is situated on and then running back in a convoluted loop. The run was so good that I changed my plans and ran through the park by the lake and continued on around the whole lake. There were several other runners about also making the most of the clear, crisp morning and it was really pleasant. I ended up running 10 km in 47 minutes at an easy speed.

And that's it. We're in La Rochelle now, Saturday night, and the weather is lousy. It's blowing a gale and the chances of going under 3 hours seem vastly reduced now that I've seen the full force of the elements around the town. Laurence is wondering the same.

We'll just have to wait and see tomorrow ...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So what was the result?!

Dave Kane aka 'Kanser' said...

Yeah, how did you go?

James said...

Wait till I write my blog properly. I don't want to spoil the telling !!