14 November 2009

Blustery Cora run

It was raining this morning when I woke to go for the usual Saturday run with Nick and Andy. Not only was it raining but it was very blustery too. It's still mild for the time of year, and it was about 11°C when I set out towards Nick's house to pick him up.

Nick was dressed up ready for his long run when I called round. He was going to continue on to run 30km this morning and he had water bottles around his waist to stay hydrated over the distance. We called in at Andy's next, but he was pretending to be absent, probably hiding under the bedlinen until we had disappeared again, either that or another late night with Tom Clancy, which meant that he just didn't hear us.

Nick and I set off together and ran to Cora chatting. The change in volunteers at the running club was the main subject of discussion with some of the proposed modifications having caused a few upsets amongst some members. This is what happens when you belong to a club comprised mostly of older runners: they get riled easily when changes are made to the routines. It's all a bit of a storm in a tea-cup and will blow over soon enough.

We ran at about 4:40 pace to Cora and around before heading back up to Pavillon de la Muette. I left Nick just after the railway line as he was heading right towards Croix de Noailles and I was running back home. I ran the route back to Le Mesnil at about 4:30 pace which is where I feel comfortable at the moment. In fact, I felt so good that I decided that since I wasn't able to enjoy a nice cup of tea at Nick's house, as usual, I would continue on to the town hall and finish along the main road.

16.5 km all up in 1:18 or an average of 4:42 per km. 96.5km this week in training which is my record for the week. I was wondering whether to push it to 100km for the week but I'll save this for next year now !!

No comments: