4 December 2008

Thursday training

Tough session down at the track tonight - 10 x 500m. I told myself that I had to go out and run these fast as punishment for not having done any training due to too much work for the rest of the week.

A quick warm up over 4km and then we were off for the session. Thierry and Francisco led the pace over the first 500m interval with Bruno and I trailing in their wake. We did the first 500m in 1:41 and then Bruno dropped away as he wasn't keen on taking this pace with me alongside him. I spen the rest of the session trying to keep up with Francisco and Thierry until the 7th interval where I was able to run ahead of them. Thierry was pulling in his calves and eased off after Sunday's half-marathon at Andrésy and Francisco was tiring.

They both came past me on the last interval where I had nothing left.

All up 11 km for the evening - good punishing session and I'm now ready for the weekend.

Intervals went as follows:

1:41, 1:43, 1:44, 1:43, 1:43, 1:44, 1:43, 1:41, 1:43, 1:37

No comments: