21 December 2008

Sunday stroll

It was the usual Sunday route through the forest of St Germain starting from the Mesnil le Roi church. Laurence and I arrived at 9:15 and met up with Pierre-Henri, Sophie, Louise and Ralph.
Since Nick was away skiing this morning at the Stade de France (!!), I thought that I would run with Laurence and Louise and just take it easy.

We set off very slowly and I jogged alongside the women listening to the conversation. I can't understand how they can run and talk quite so incessantly while doing so. Anyway, they were not running very fast so I decided that I would head off and run at my own pace. My legs were extremely heavy after yesterday's run and also Thursday night's session. It was hard to pick up the pace above 14km/h so I forced my self to run as fast as possible and to get the legs used to stretching out in order to get them functioning properly again.

I ran to the half-way point on the loop and then headed back to meet Laurence and Louise. Thierry had joined the group with Sophie, P-H and Ralph and was jogging easily with them. I picked up the ladies as they ran along and then ran with them for 5 minutes before heading off at my own pace again.

Kilometre times went as follows:

6:01; 5:51; 4:32; 4:26; 4:13; 4:40; 5:30; 5:05; 4:23; 4:06; 4:19; 4:10

All of the sections over 5 minutes per kilometre were when accompanying the girls. What is unusual looking at the Garmin analysis is to see the average speed higher than the max speed over the lap. This is obviously a mistake and shows the problems of the instantaneous speeds on the Garmin, especially when running steadily.

Looking forward to an easy week now before the race on Sunday. Going to need some rest if I'm to pull off a reasonable time.

No comments: