1 November 2008

Easy Saturday

Still not back into a full running schedule after last weekend's marathon. I decided that I would take it easy on my legs (not so easy mentally that's for sure) by taking Henry out on his weekly 7 km run through the forest.

We set off easily but he had already started moaning after 500m. He complained that we were going to fast and I had to reassure him that we were not. We went through the first kilometre in 5:48 which was proof that the pace was definitely not too strenuous for him ! By 2km, Henry was complaining of a stitch and a sore stomach so we slowed down again. This was to continue for the rest of the course but during the intervals when he felt alright, he was able to show a good turn of speed.

We finished the 7.2 km in 42:14 so not a record for him but a better than average performance and one that I hope he will soon improve on.

No comments: