12 November 2008

Back to the park

Woke up this morning and wondered why on earth the alarm had gone off so early. Then I came to gradually and remembered that I was supposed to be going for an early morning run. I put my running kit on, including an extra warm top so that I was prepared to face the cold and went outside.

It was still pitch black outside so I turned the headlamp on and headed down to the river. My legs felt heavy from the interval session so I decided very early on that I would just take it easy and enjoy the run. The 2 km mark was passed in 8:36 so despite all my efforts, I couldn't bear not to look at the Garmin. The rest of the run was very steady though. I left the park in 27:51, which was fairly average and this was the last time that I looked at the watch.

I remember running up the road towards Leader Price thinking that even the slightest hill was painful to climb so what would this Saturday's race be like. Laurence and I entered the 18km night trail at Montfort l'Amaury yesterday and then read some of the accounts of last year's run on the web. Good job we didn't read these first as we may never have entered !

Anyway, a quick run down the hill to the town hall and a good pace to finish. 11 km all up in 46:51 so no great shakes. Conclusion: still too warm to necessitate 2 running tops - far too hot and uncomfortable; 4:16 per km feels comfortable now.

No comments: