23 April 2011

Wednesday recovery

I went running with Laurence this morning for a recvoery run following the London marathon. My legs had been aching for 2 days solid and I thought that an easy run might help ease the pain and the stiffness.

We left early in the morning and it only took a few steps for me to realise that my legs were far from recovered after Sunday's race. My thighs felt like 2 tree trunks and the pain in them was incredible. I don't remember having been so affected by a race before but the, after most previous marathons, I think that I took the first week off completely and didn't run at all.

We ran the 10km loop and Laurence is running very well. We were running at about 5:10 pace which was ample for me and Laurence looked very comfortable. It was only after 7 or 8 kilometres that I started to feel slightly better in my thighs though and even at the end, the pain was still present.

10.3km all up in 55:28. Lovely morning and pleasant run

No comments: